10 things you didn't know about me
A few days ago my daughter was looking at the new posts in my Google Reader while I was sewing, when she suddenly said that I had been nominated for a blog award ... and it's true! Heather (aka Li'l Miss Muffet) listed me as one of the recipients of a Beautiful Blogger Award. Thanks Heather!
These blog awards always have some task attached to them, and in this case it is listing ten things others don't know about me. This is hard!
1. I have three pedigree dogs - Porthos (a Rhodesian Ridgeback), Holly (a black Labrador), and Oskar (aka Mr Naughty, a Wire-haired Dachshund).
2. I am a botanist by training.
3. I used to work as a technical writer of software manuals and help files for a large American software company.
4. Until a few years ago I made and sold miniature teddy bears to collectors all over the world.
5. Making miniatures is one of my most enduring hobbies, and started when my father made us a doll's house when I was 8 years old. I love making miniature food from polymer clay!
6. I don't like housework or cooking, but love baking, especially bread.
|(These are real rolls, not polymer clay!)|
7. I don't own a television (and haven't for more than 15 years).
8. I am an avid reader, especially of non-fiction. (Not having a TV frees up a lot of reading time!) I also love listening to audio books while I'm sewing or driving. Our local library has an extensive collection, so I almost always have something to listen to.
9. I learned to knit two years ago.
10. I am a committed breastfeeding advocate and was active in La Leche League International for many years.
In turn, I also have to nominate five other bloggers. And they are:
Sigrid - who rekindled my interest in making lingerie and pointed me to my first bra pattern and has great tutorials
Karen - who makes an incredible number of clothes and introduced me to David Page Coffin's Shirtmaking book
Debbie - who just has so much good sewing information on her blog
Mikhaela - who draws, makes and wears zany polka-dot clothes
Vicky - whose creations are just too mouthwatering to miss!