Practically perfect!

I finished my new bra yesterday and feel that it is ... practically perfect (as Mary Poppins used to say)! I started this bra over the weekend after adjusting the pattern for the cup top, and was in a tizz because I couldn't decide whether to make it from my old standby taupe lycra or from one of my exciting new fabrics. In the end I asked my daughter and she said to use the nice floral fabric. I told her I was scared of messing it up and she replied that in that case I could always buy more fabric! That decided me.

Ek het gister my nuwe BH afgemaak en dit sit baie goed. Ek het Sondag daarmee begin en was nie seker watter stof om te gebruik nie - my mooi lycra of dieselfde vervelige ou stof. Ek was bang dat die BH nie mooi sou sit nie omdat ek die patroon verander het. My dogter het my advies gegee - "die mooi blomme-lycra" - en dat ek altyd nuwe stof kan koop as die BH nie uitwerk nie. So gesĂȘ, so gedaan!



The pattern is Danglez DB4 with my minor modification to the top cup. I also used a blend of the original back and the new back Dini drafted for me, with the bridge I modified according to the Sewy Rebecca bridge (arched, not straight, at the bottom).

Die patroon is Danglez DB4 met effense modifikasie aan die bo-cup. Ek het ook die rompdeel gebruik wat Dini vir my ontwerp het, met my eie verandering aan die MV-stukkie volgens die Sewy Rebecca patroon (kurwe in plaas van reguit). 



One of my biggest changes was to use iron-on tricot interfacing (following Sigrid) instead of cutting out a lining from another piece of fabric - so tedious! The lycra I used had 4-way stretch (100% and 45%); the interfacing reduced this to 2-way stretch fabric (50% and 5%).

Ek het lycra met 4-rigting rek gebruik. Voor ek uitgesny het het ek plak-charmeuse aangestryk (Sigrid se metode) wat die rek reduseer het tot 50% in een rigting en 5% in die ander rigting. Ek vind dit so vervelig om altyd 4 van elke deel te moet uitsny!


This was my biggest gamble, but it has worked. The bra seems to have even more support than my previous (wearable) bra made with a double layer of lycra. I used a medium weight powernet as a second layer for the bra back.

Die BH gee net soveel ondersteuning as my vorige, gemaak van dubbel-laag lycra. 


For the first time, I have a bra in which the top cup doesn't gap. My adjustment worked! Now I must make matching panties.

Die bo-cup sit mooi glad - my verandering van die patroon het gewerk! Volgende wil ek 'n bypassende slip of twee maak.

4 comments:

  1. Simoneannemone said

    Wat een mooie bh heb je gemaakt! Fijn DAT Hij goed verleden.

    Saskia


    Diana 'poetsie' said

    Hai Tina, Dat is lang geleden. Je bent een mooie bh gemaakt. Hij zit perfect, leuk fris printje.
    groetjes Diana


    Alice said

    Hallo Tina, mooie pasvorm en erg leuk vrolijk stofje heb je gebruikt. Gr. Alice


    Jos said

    Mooi stofje Tina en zo te zien zit 'ie perfect!


Post a Comment