I realised today that I have rather too many projects on the go at the moment:
- I still have to finish my princess-style shirt (it's a bit too big, but we'll deal with that in another post).
- My Pilates bra needs elastic on the openings.
- I have cut out a matching top in black cotton lycra.
- I have started two new bras
I also went to the library today (one of my favourite things) and brought home Singer Sewing Step-by-Step, which has some interesting information on applying elastic. I'll write more about the book tomorrow. I also want to write reviews of the Sewy Rebecca and Danglez DB4 for patternreview.com.
In the end, I didn't even get any sewing done today. I spent about an hour trying to rethread my overlocker with black thread and getting it to work... the bottom looper thread kept on breaking. Finally I read in the manual that I should take the thread out of the needle before rethreading the bottom looper. Tried it, and it worked. Sometimes solutions are so simple, but it takes so long to get to them!