Two new bras started

 
Freesias on my kitchen windowsill


Just a quick post (have been spending too much time at patternreview.com again!). I decided that it's high time to start sewing bras for myself again. I cut out two complete bras (Danglez DB4 of course) on Sunday afternoon while watching DVDs with my sick daughter. No exciting colours yet, though. Surprisingly, I am still very good about using what I have, and haven't really started collecting a lingerie fabric stash. (I have many other types of fabric stashes. I am also a very bad hoarder of  "things that might come in useful" and because I do a lot of miniature work, I keep the smallest scraps of fabric...)


The first bra is again in the mocha-like shiny lycra, this time with powernet lining and stretch lace top cups. I decided to take the plunge and also cut out a "T-shirt bra" with padding cups to be covered in matte black lycra. I toyed with the idea of covering with lace, but haven't found nice black lace yet. Next time. I used Jos's instructions to make up the padding pattern.

Have already started sewing the mocha bra - cups are in the band and just starting to apply the wire casing (much shorter to type than channelling!).

More photos soon, I hope.

1 comments:

  1. Alice said

    Heel herkenbaar dat verzamelen van "restjes" voor je weet maar nooit. Ben benieuwd naar je vorderingen met je bh's. Groet, Alice


Post a Comment