Pilates bra and top
I completed the fold-over elastic trim on my Pilates sports bra, and also made a matching black cotton lycra racerback top this weekend. I am trying to learn how to take better photographs of myself, but it seems to be taking long! These were all taken in a mirror that was a bit skew, so the frame shows in some of the pics. I decided to trim both garments with black fold-over elastic.
Here is the shirt (based on the Rooie Hempje pattern). I'm not quite happy with the fit yet - I pulled the elastic to much at certain points on the neckline (I'm still very inexperienced with sewing knits) and it needs to be longer and either tighter or looser at the waist. (I had only half a metre of fabric.)
Here is the completed bra:
I tried a dart at the front but it didn't work, so I unpicked the front seam, gathered the two sections separately and sewed them back up again using a lightning stretch stitch (from bitter experience known to make a virtually inseparable seam). I can see here that I need to adjust the front underarm to give more coverage.\, but otherwise very happy with the result. I went walking with it yesterday, without another bra underneath and it works well.
Here you can see in profile that it does provide quite a lot of lift and support (I am an 80/36H):
And here it is under my strappy top, a combination I quite like. Maybe my next Rooie Hempje draft will be for a strappy top with a slightly wider strap! I like the way in which the trim on the bra matches the top.
So I finally have something to submit to Jos at the Rooie Hempje site, although it's not a red version yet!